Monday 27 May 2013

Thorpe St Andrew Marshes

A couple of visits to Thorpe Station Marshes during the last week. On my first visit last Sunday I was observing a pair of Reed Warblers at the start of the path that leads to Bungalow Lane when I became aware of a Cuckoo calling very close by. It flew out from an Ivy covered tree and passed immediately overhead affording me the closest view of a Cuckoo that I think I have ever had!

A Cuckoo continued to call this weekend, however it was rather windy and most of the resident warblers stayed within cover. A Sedge Warbler did appear briefly above the reeds enabling a brief photo opportunity.


2 comments:

  1. This is the best part of spring a cuckoo continued to call. If don't hear the song of Cuckoo it will never full feel a spring. So nice post. Trees Planet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,
    visited Scop Hill reserve at the weekend. As usual it seems for this site, excellent number of Butterflies on the wing. 100's of Ringlet and Meadow Brown, Skippers, and my first Gatekeepers of the year. No sound of the Turtles but a Chiffchaff was singing.
    Cheers,
    Jim.

    ReplyDelete