Saturday 13 April 2013

Thorpe Marshes - Signs Of Spring!

At last with temperatures around 15 C and the sun shining things looked a bit more promising than of late.

At the very least I was hoping to hear a Chiff Chaff. Nothing near the footbridge where there had been some recent sightings. I decided to head for Bungalow Lane where I remember seeing several in the treetops last year. Whilst walking along the path leading to the Lane I heard one in the adjacent thick woodland. When I got beyond the railway crossing on Bungalow Lane itself sure enough I saw three Chiffchaffs in different locations. One was sufficiently bold to let me get a couple of decent photographs. 

 
 
On the shingle spit were two Oystercatchers. I also saw my first Butterflies of the year, three Small Tortoiseshell enjoying the sun's warm rays.
 
Bumped into Ricky (Shakys Birding Blog) on the way around the circuit. Nice to have a chat and catch up since our meeting last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment